Sunday, November 13, 2011

Dang... i borked my old blog

So i had a blog on here, http://squarejane.blogspot.com/ and i haven't checked in there for quite some time.  I got sore, tired and busy... and slacked off in the blogging.  When i went to log back in, i had also changed isp and no longer had access to my email account that i had set up the account with.  Foolish me, i had also forgotten the password.  The long and short of it is that i cannot access it and thus, i must re-start a blog.  Oh those poor 11 people or so who were following me!

Anyway.  I digress.  Those who know me personally, know that is rather a common trait of mine. *blush*.  Since i last posted, i have found out that i most likely am suffering from an auto-immune condition called Lupus.
It's slowed me down quite a bit and many days are extremely painful.  The days that aren't quite so pain filled... (or the days i have more spoons) i do my best to keep busy by crafting.

As i blogged previously on my old now lost blog, i make costumes.  Halloween is my favorite time of year with Christmas as a close second.  This year for Halloween, my kids wanted to be their own Irken characters.  Irkens are the race of aliens that Zim of Invader Zim cartoon fame is.  My 13 year old daughter created and drew up their Irkens and i created costumes for them based on her cool designs.

I also made quite a slew of costumes this year for other people.  I worked on a little girl hotdog,

a slew of sock monkeys,
 there were a few penguins,

and a Cthulhu.

Then i made a bunch of fun animal hats...


and then i worked on some knitting.  I love knitting because when i am super sore and useless, i feel a little less useless as i can still make stuffs.



I also made a couple of little, labor intensive top hats.  These aren't made on a pre-formed felt shape but created layer by layer.



Lastly, i have been making HUGE knitting and crochet bags.  I knit a lot and i found that no bags out there were big enough, cool enough or held all of my needles in place.  The bags i make are 1 inch shy of being 2 ft across and are 1 1/2 feet tall.  Massive.


I have to make stuff.  I go a little crazy when i don't make stuff.  






No comments: