Thursday, October 11, 2012

It's the most wonderful time of the year

Halloween.  It is nearly upon us.  I adore Halloween with an unrelenting zeal.  I have even dedicated my left arm to a tattoo sleeve of Halloween stuffs including a jack-o-lantern and some kids trick or treating.  I make costumes as well.

This year has been a slower one for costuming.  The economy is not faring very well and fabric prices keep going up here in Canada which means i have to charge more to make costumes.  I also tend to only make costumes for my family or custom orders  i REALLY want to make, like this Reptar costume i made for my daughter when she was little.


Or the costume of Mike Wazowski from Monsters Inc.


I have a few costume ideas that i have yearned to make for quite some time.  This year, i got to make one of those... Oogie Boogie from Nightmare before Christmas!




You can't tell from this picture but his right hand stitches are "unraveling" and there is an open flap revealing glow in the dark and hand-painted bugs.



Here is a cute little giraffe costume i made this year.


I also made one Angry Birds costume... green boomerang bird.  I have 3 more Angry Birds to make for my family this year... and our pug Stella will be a green pig.


No comments: